Unity in Edinboro is affiliated with Unity School of Christianity,
publisher of the Daily Word, and Unity Worldwide Ministries
Five Basic Unity Principles
1. God is good and everywhere present. This is the first key foundational principle of Unity. God is the only power in the universe, and that power is good! God is everywhere present. This means that God's presence is the substance out of which all of life flows. God's presence is also fully present within every state of consciousness. Wherever God is, ALL of God is. We can not be separate from God in consciousness. This means that we have access to all life, all health, all abundance, all love, all peace, all strength, all of God, at all times.
2. You are Divine because a spark of Divinity dwells in you! In Unity, Jesus is not the exception, but the example. Jesus fully expressed the Spirit of Christ. This same Spirit of Christ is also in you waiting to be expressed. It is this spark of the Divine Christ Spirit to which Jesus referred when he said, "You are the Light of the World."
3. You create your experience by what you think and feel. Life is consciousness. Whatever you experience in life, joy or sorrow, is there because of where you are in consciousness. God can only do for you what God can do through you. This means that we are co-creators with God. As you understand this in consciousness, God is more fully able to demonstrate good through you.
4. Through prayer and meditation you become aware of the presence of God. Prayer and meditation have been foundational practices in the Unity movement. Through affirmative prayer, you transform your thoughts into thoughts based in Truth. Through meditation, you become still and know God's presence in your life. This is the True answer to every prayer. As you become aware of God's presence, you open more fully to God's good.
5. It is not enough to know these principles, you must also live them. Unity is known as practical Christianity. As you work with the practical tools you receive through Unity, you transform in consciousness. Taking personal responsibility for your life, you demonstrate more and more of the Divinity within.
Unity offers a way of life for the Spiritual Seeker, no matter what your religious background. Many people have felt as if they have come home when they enter our church. Walk through the doors and experience peace, love and acceptance. Come join us and discover this experience for yourself.
Copyright (c) 2010 Unity in Edinboro, Edinboro, PA 16412